Position Title: Sr. Project Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, California
Linear LLC is a pioneer in engineered radio frequency (RF) products and is a major supplier of wireless residential security systems, access control, intercoms, garage door operators, gate operators, short- and long-range radio remote controls, and emergency reporting systems.
The Sr. Project Engineer researches, designs, and develops digital and analog electronic systems, in conjunction with software and RF product development, and manages and supports engineering design and/or sustaining projects, by performing the following duties:
- Works with engineering management and product line management to define projects and schedule product development.
- As project lead, is responsible for overseeing and tracking all development activities for the assigned project, and ensuring timely completion. Coordinates the activities and resources of engineers, programmers, technicians, drafting and manufacturing to complete a project.
- For assigned projects, analyzes system requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- For assigned projects, interfaces with engineering management and product line management during project to inform of project status and to resolve technical issues.
- Consults with engineering staff in other disciplines to evaluate interface between electronic hardware, mechanical design and software, along with operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- For assigned projects, has primary responsibility for developing and validating baseband (digital and analog) system design, using computer assisted engineering and design tools and test equipment. Basic understanding of microcontroller firmware development is a plus.
- Specifies, designs and documents electrical components, products, and systems for commercial purposes.
- Directs project activities to verify compliance of product to design specifications and regulatory requirements, including design reviews, prototyping, product verification testing, and field testing.
- Confirms accuracy and correctness of Engineering Documentation and sign-off.
- Provide engineering support for post-production issues.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flow and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information such as technical procedures or governmental regulations; Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; Able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Computer Skills - Ability to use PC-based tools for document preparation, engineering analysis and engineering design; Working knowledge of schematic capture and circuit layout design tools; Able to adapt prior experience to become proficient on new design tools as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- BSEE; or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years related Project Engineering experience, preferably in Embedded Systems
- Proficient Computer Skills - Ability to use PC-based tools for document preparation, engineering analysis and engineering design; Working knowledge of schematic capture and circuit layout design tools; Able to adapt prior experience to become proficient on new design tools as required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should Email, Mail, or Fax their resume with salary history.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Word Document Format or Line Text only - include Job Title in email subject line)
1950 Camino Vida Roble, Suite 150
Carlsbad, CA 92008-6517